Strong Core, Stronger Bodies
Pilates strengthens and stabilises the body from the inside outwards – it creates the perfect foundation in which to build a well balanced, stable and strong body. The exercises and movements take into account any injuries and illnesses.
Pilates can be equipment or floor (mat) based. Pilates can be held at the studio where there is a reformer bed and other pilates focussed equipment. Mat sessions can also be held virtually at any time and virtually during Coronavirus shutdowns.
Call Jo on 0407 826 330 for further information.
Pilates can prevent, reduce and/or eliminate spinal and joint pain;
- Activates and strengthens deep inner core muscles
- Improves posture, balance, coordination and flexibility
- Improves alignment, strength and stability of your spine and other joints
- Better supports your body when bending or twisting
- Improves muscle balance, movement control and mind body awareness.
What is Core Strength & How Does it Help You?
- Our deep back and abdominal muscles work together to support our spine when we move, sit, stand, bend over, lift/push/pull/rotate with or without load, swing a golf club, vacuum, garden – ie any physical activity. So in other words our deep core muscles help provide stability, strength and balance.
- Weak core muscles leave you susceptible to poor posture, lower back pain and muscle injuries and strong core muscles protect organs, and support and stabilise the spine and pelvis.
- Deep back and abdominal muscles can be found from your ribs down to your pelvis. These muscles include your all important pelvic floor.
- The main muscles contribute to local stability and importantly control spinal position. The optimal spinal position is referred to as ‘neutral spine‘ where the natural curve of the back is present – this places your body in the optimal position in which to move, sit, walk/run, push/pull/lift/rotate etc and also in which to strengthen and condition your body.
I can come to you, your workplace or to a friend’s place where a few of you are having a small group session. Mobile Pilates is offered in East Brighton, Bentleigh, Caulfield, Carnegie, Elsternwick, Gardenvale, GlenHuntly, McKinnon, Murrumbeena and Ormond
Joseph Pilates said “Patience and persistence are vital qualities in the ultimate successful accomplishment of any successful endeavour”.